Sonntag, 6. Mai 2012

Escapism

The first post is always the most difficult one, right? Well, I'll try and do my best anyway ;)

In this blog I'll write about things that help me to escape from the general life. I do this a lot, maybe even too much but hey - nobody's perfect, right? It's my way of feeling comfortable in a world that can be very stress- and hurtful. And it's a way to stay a child somehow your whole life long. Some people tend to get too serious when growing up, which is a shame in my opinion.

Honestly this blog was inspired by Tuomas Holopainen, a person who really I admire. I was watching a documentary about his life and he said at one point that if there's one word that could describe him as a person it would be "escapist". What he said and how he explained his views on life made me realize that what I do a lot in my life is nothing else than some sort of escapism. In this way we seem to be quite similar.

I'll try to write some more about this issue in later posts.

My main way of escaping the real is definitely music. There are songs for different memories - good ones and bad ones. The power of music is undeniable and I owe awfully much to it. Music's a great gift of life to me.

Some unbelievably beautiful music comes from the soundtrack of the movie "The Village" and by the way the plot of the movie is a perfext example for escapism. TH calls it one of the best soundtracks ever made and I think he's right. It hast an amazing depth. But just listen for yourself ....

The Village Soundtrack



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen